WAP 175: BULLETS, BULLETS, AND MORE BULLETS
Today on the Wasted Ammo Podcast we dive into an article from Ammoland.com titled, Ammo: How Much Is Enough When Carrying For Self Defense. As a new gun owner I’ve always thought that the 15+1 rounds in my Glock 19 were sufficient to stop any threat, but doing research for this show has shown me how important it is to carry a spare magazine. Don’t be fooled by what you see in the movies, the human body has an amazing ability to suck up damage and just keep on going and if you add that to the fact that most attackers are not alone, then you are setting yourself up for failure if you’re not carrying a spare magazine.
JOIN US TODAY AS WE TALK ABOUT:
- We are rocking it – 20,500,000 in Real Estate sold and over $500,000 in OSHA violations caught
- If your under 1,000 rounds of a caliber, consider yourself out of ammo
- How many rounds do you need to survive a gunfight?
- The human body is amazing in its ability to suck up damage and to keep on going
- Don’t rely on the movies to understand the wounding effects of bullets
- Center mass shots might not immediately incapacitate an assailant
- Train like you fight and fight like you train
- When training, get on the ground, get close, get bobbing
- Is switching your EDC firearm frequently setting yourself up for failure?
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Thank you for spending the hour with us! Hopefully, you learned something useful that you can implement in your everyday routine to be a little more prepared. If you would like to continue the conversation please leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons to left or bottom of this post.
If you would like to help support the Podcast you can shop on Amazon by using our link BGEAZ.com and we will receive a small commission on anything you buy in the next 24 hours. We thank you for your support!
If you would like to send us a question you can email us at Mailbag@wastedammo.com or you can send us a voicemail on our podcast page – just scroll down and use the Speakpipe Widget at the bottom of the page. We love hearing from our listeners!
Finally, please leave an honest review for The Wasted Ammo Podcast on Itunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They really do matter when it comes to rankings and we love reading them!
Until next time!