WAP 163: GUN TALK WITH JOSH COURTNEY FROM BLACK DIAMOND HOLSTERS AND OPIE FROM OPIE IN THE SMOKIES
Today we have Josh Courtney from Black Diamond Holsters and Opie from Opie In The Smokies on the show to talk about guns and to dive into their businesses. While Josh makes custom Kydex holsters and Opie makes limited edition patches, seemingly very different businesses, they work together to help promote each other’s business and to help each other grow. These two dudes remind us of ourselves, two guys who love firearms and are trying to turn a “hobby” into a sustainable business. While we talk about their businesses, we mostly talk guns and training so there are a lot of good tidbits to dig out of this one so enjoy!
JOIN US TODAY AS WE TALK ABOUT:
- Own a gun is a right but should you have to take training?
- Handgun/Rifle 1 is only the beginning and it’s up to YOU to keep growing
- Police and some military personnel do not train continuously and only need to qualify twice a year…
- Every gun owner probably makes many mistakes at first
- Let just say we all have a different opinion on “Shall not be infringed” means…
- Who’s made the Uncle Mike’s mistake?
- Leather holsters can be dangerous
- There is a difference between Blackhawk Injection Molded holsters and custom made Kydex
- Secondary patch market is killing it….who knew
- Use red chalk dust from Lowes for a cheap blood pack!
- Know what your guns are capable of by going to the range and getting on that gun run your dick into the dirt
- Dry fire practice and SIRT guns can do wonders when it comes to cheap training!
Opie In The Smokies – All listeners can use the promo code WASTEDAMMO to get 10% off for a limited time
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Thank you for spending the hour with us! Hopefully, you learned something useful that you can implement in your everyday routine to be a little more prepared. If you would like to continue the conversation please leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons to left or bottom of this post.
If you would like to help support the Podcast you can shop on Amazon by using our link BGEAZ.com and we will receive a small commission on anything you buy in the next 24 hours. We thank you for your support!
If you would like to send us a question you can email us at Mailbag@wastedammo.com or you can send us a voicemail on our podcast page – just scroll down and use the Speakpipe Widget at the bottom of the page. We love hearing from our listeners!
Finally, please leave an honest review for The Wasted Ammo Podcast on Itunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. They really do matter when it comes to rankings and we love reading them!
Until next time!